Apr 22, 2017
the ronnie republic: Sebastia, Nablus, Palestine: Israeli Soldiers Bul...: On a recent trip to Palestine one could not help but notice the tragedy of the Roman Ruins as our tour guide shared the story of the I...
On a recent trip to Palestine one could not help but notice the tragedy of the Roman Ruins as our tour guide shared the story of the Israeli government preventing archaeological excavations in this historic town.
We were literally walking on roman Mosaics--yes, many scientific groups wanted to explore the area but they are barred from making progress and preventing tourism from helping the economy of this beautiful, friendly and historic Palestinian town.
Our guide said as we walked through the ruins of the Roman Amphitheatre, "If you look at the pictures from three years ago you will see that things look different now, there was a wall there and part of the theatre but the Israeli government bulldozed this area to make a parking lot."
This amazing story and sentiment runs through the villages and countryside of Palestine. Their olive groves, centuries old farmlands and simply water for the household are often diverted by the Israeli settlements. Yes, their settlement swimming pools are full as the original villagers struggle to bathe their children.
It is an odd situation and a grave story and one wonders how it is justified.
Trying to get the word out about this land of delicious food, important history and unending vistas of almond orchards and olive trees.
I wish everyone could visit this historic land and learn the story of Palestine.
Highly recommending the Siraj Center and Bike Palestine for an eye opening vacation and adventure.
Please feel free to share your thoughts.......I found this story from the Daily Beast to further illustrate the situation.
- Israel Approves Settlements For First Time In 25 Years
- Trump pick for Israeli ambassador clears Senate hurdle
- Outrage as Israel approves first new West Bank settlement in 20 years
- Yair Svorai: Trump and Israel's occupation of Palestine
- Fred From Green Olive Tours Talks Walking His Dogs in Jaffa and Suffering the Israel/Gaza Conflict
- J Street's Jeremy Ben-Ami Talks the Danger of The Republican Platform and His Quest for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
- Did You Ever Wonder About J Street
- Roasted Veggies from Yahoo Food and The Cat Hair Cook.......
- Finding Inspiration from Green Olive Tours--I want to go to Israel and Palestine
- Bike Palestine: Seriously, I Really Want to Go On This Tour