The biggest excuses narcissists spin to keep you hooked — and why this makes them dangerous
- Narcissists are very skilled liars.
- They're great at spinning a web of lies to keep you hooked.
- They also explain away their abusive behaviour by manipulating their partner into thinking they can't help it.
- Sometimes they also shift the blame onto the partner.
- You can't trust a narcissist, so the best thing to do is to break free and never look back.
Breaking up with a narcissist can be very difficult. If they aren't finished with you yet, they will plead you to stay. If you are trauma bonded to them, then their begging and false promises may well work.