Jul 15, 2015
|KXL-FM (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
"Midnight in the Desert" will air on Portland'sKXL-FM (101) weeknights, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m, beginning Monday, July 20. The show will also be available online through Dark Matter Digital Network.
Bell announced he was retiring from the show he founded, "Coast to Coast AM" in 2007, but he has turned up since then in a short-lived satellite radio show, and other spots.
When "Coast to Coast AM" was at its most popular, in the 1990s and early 2000s, Bell's subject matter -- conspiracies, UFOs, unexplained phenomena -- struck a chord in pop culture. In addition to being interviewed on TV, Bell also played himself in a 1999 episode of the Fox series, "Millennium."
In the press release from Alpha Media, Scott Mahalick, executive VP of programming, said, "We're thrilled to be amping up our paranormal broadcast activity with the addition of Art Bell following Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero. It's a home run for Alpha Media to have the two biggest talents anchored on FM NEWS 101 KXL."
Milt McConnell, Alpha Media senior VP/market manager, said in the release, "Art is an American Original in terms of putting the paranormal on the radio landscape. We are so proud to extend his coverage to the Northwest where there is a rabid appetite for his unique brand of communication."
-- Kristi Turnquist
- KXL/Portland Adds Art Bell's New Show
- Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert Sets a Premiere Date of July 20th
- Radio's Bell is sound example for entrepreneurs....from USA Today
- Can't Wait To Hear Art Bell
- Art Bell Vs. George Noory: The Coast to Coast AM Controversy
- Joan Hamburg's Saturday Radio Show
- George Noory Leaves A Horrible Feeling In The Pit Of My Stomach
- Attention: Everyone Out There in Talk Radio Land--Art Bell Is Coming Back!!!
- Thank you to all of my Twitter followers: Would you like to comment on my blog.......