Sep 29, 2015
By KATIE KINDELAN15 minutes ago
A Kansas police officer says he was just doing his job when gave a bicycle and duffel bag to a homeless man who had been commuting five hours per day by foot to his job as a cashier while he tried to save money for an apartment.
Officer Zach Stomper, 30, of the Roeland Park Police Department told ABC News he first met Samuel Meixueiro last Wednesday when he received a call reporting a suspicious person in a local park in the affluent community.
Stomper found Meixueiro sitting in the park taking a break on his walk to work from the church where he was staying in Kansas City, Missouri, to his job at a liquor store in Mission, Kansas.
“He said, ‘This is the deal. I’m taking a rest,’” Stomper recalled. “I felt for the guy because my commute, I get in my vehicle and drive to work. It’s five minutes.”
“This guy, his job means everything to him,” Stomper said. “He said he was saving up for an apartment and had to have this job so I thought, okay, let’s try to get this guy some help.”
Stomper says he gave Meixueiro a ride to his job that day and, while loading Meixueiro’s possessions in his patrol car, noticed that the zipper on his suitcase was broken.
“I went to my home and got him a duffel bag that I had in my basement and brought it to him at his work,” Stomper said. “I said, ‘You’re trying to make the best out of a bad situation that you’re in and I respect that.’”
Stomper then returned to work and told his boss, Chief of Police Edward Morris, about Meixueiro’s situation.
“I said, ‘He seems like he’s one of those guys who is down on his luck and needs a leg up,’” Stomper said.
The pair realized the city has a collection of bicycles that have been either surrendered or abandoned and found a nearly brand-new condition bicycle for Meixueiro to use.
After cleaning the bike and putting air in the tires, Stomper surprised Meixueiro with the bike at his job.
“He was brought to tears and I think he was pretty taken aback by it,” Stomper said. “He wasn’t out begging for money, he was doing everything he could to get ahead.”
Stomper’s actions have deservedly garnered him attention, and Stomper says this was not the first nor will it be the last time he helps a citizen in need.
“As an officer, my job is to serve and protect and this is what I’m doing to help my community,” he said. “99 percent of the officers that I’ve ever met would have done the same thing."
copied from yahoo news
|Broadcasting tower in Trondheim, Norway (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|English: FM21 Radio Broadcasting Station in Okinawa 日本語: FM21（沖縄県のコミュニティ放送局） (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2015
- Hey--this lady's significant other is a dog--from the huffpo on the ronnie re
- Art Bell: Monday-Friday 9PM Midnight In The Desert.......He's Back.........
- Art Bell: The Smooth Talker is Back
- Listening to Joan Hamburg.........
- Art Bell Might Just RE-Reinvent Radio: Linkedin on the ronnie republic
- Sully Sullivan: His Voice Will Be Missed on KOGO Radio in San Diego.......
- Geraldo Rivera: The caller said...You are a real good investigative reporter.....
- Former President of Peru Alejandro Toledo: Inspirational on Geraldo Rivera Radio Today
Sep 27, 2015
|English: The CNN Center in Atlanta. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
An individual who talks about drugs with an aura of braggadocio.
Seriously, listeners, I'm so cool I can talk about these subjects....let me throw in my two cents of hard living and oh, yes, I'll brag about it, too.
I get to talk--I've been there.
And worse than all of that....he eats meat and he is completely disrespectful about it.
Yes, I would like to see Cuba just like everyone--I would love to go there--I admire him for trying to establish a relationship with the regular folks of the country he visits.
He seems to have respect as a visitor for the people he visits.......or is that just equal respect for other ultra-cool chefs like himself.
I don't like him.
If CNN shows that horrible ad of him acting like an idiot with the barbecued pig wearing a hat one more time I do not know what I am going to do.
Have you ever seen a pig.....do you know how intelligent they are...do you know how beautiful they are......have you ever looked into their eyes?
Try a little respect on for size just one time Anthony--try a little humility.
He is a jerk to the viewers and a jerk to the animals he eats,
- CNN Original Series' Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown Wins Third Consecutive Emmy Award For Outstanding Informational Series
- Fredrika Whitfield is Particularly Stunning Today
- Anthnoy Bourdain Is So Stupid I am Embarrassed For Him
- CNN's Fred Whitfield: I'm So Proud Of My Man Avery Friedman
- Ronnie from the ronnie republic radio round-up talks Wolf Blitzer, fighting for a story and maintaining integrity in the ultra competitive climate of the news today..............
- John Kasich, Ana Navarro, SE Cupp: The New Republican Party
- Seriously, Everyone Loves Wolf Blitzer and I do To
- Can't Wait To Go To Cuba..............
- CNN Messes Up Then Tries To Blame Piers Morgan
Sep 23, 2015
Sep 22, 2015
|English: on the keynote panel of the 2010 Pop Conference, EMPSFM, Seattle, Washington. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|Folks line up to register to vote in Abyei. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
There was once a time when young African-American women like myself did not get the opportunity to vote. They simply could not.
I think about that every time I go to the polls to exercise that fundamental right -- not just to honor those who fought so I could have it, but because, simply put, I know that this is an essential part of our democracy.
Whether we want to change our communities, or have a say in the public issues we care about the most -- the power we have to make that happen is the power we have at the polls.
That's why I exercise my right to vote.
Are you with me?
It starts with getting registered. And today, people of all ages, of all points of view, all across the country, are doing that together. It's easy. It's fast. And you can do it right here -- no matter which state you live in.
In 2015, the fact is this: We have more voices on more platforms than ever before. It's easier than ever to post an opinion or raise a complaint on any number of social sites, and with any number of people.
But here's what I want to say to you:
You should be thinking long and hard about sharing those opinions, and saying you want action, if you aren't willing to share your most fundamental opinion where it has a direct ability to make a difference: In the voting booth.
See you at the polls -
Thanks, Janelle, for giving us your very important thoughts on this subject.
- Janelle Monáe's New Song, 'Hell You Talmbout,' Shows Exactly Why We Love Her
- The Beat of Black Feminism: Janelle Monáe and the Radical Politics of Wondaland
- Janelle Monáe's Protest Song Is A Heart-Rending Roll Call Of Injustices
- Singer Janelle Monáe censored for speaking out against police brutality
- Calling O'Reilly Out on False Facts......
- Mick Taylor Fondly Remembers Bobby Keys.......
- Finding Bill O'Reilly: Russell Brand Howard Beale and Catholic Guilt
- donald trump: a very scary figure..........
- Geraldo Rivera Takes On Donald Trump.......
- Johnny Carson on Jim Garrison and JFK
Sep 20, 2015
|Hillary 069 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|Hillary Clinton presidential campaign, 2008 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- Perry Mason Sweet Potatos
- Promoting Twilight In The Park: Free Summer Concerts In Balboa Park San Diego
- The discovery of a wolf pack in Northern California - five pups and two adults
- Larry Mendte's Morning Drive on WILM 1450 Wilmington Delaware News Talk Radio
- Mr. Mattis gives us his take on the JFK assassination...........
- I have been waiting for Hillary forever...Chloelouise...Hillary girl forever: Hillary Clinton's Lawyer Defends Her Use of Personal Email
- New Openings London: file under My London Obsession.......
- American Embarrassment--Trumpalooza: We've seen this show before.....Matthew Dallek