Mar 28, 2014
the ronnie republic: what's up with the Dollar Stores in Wichita?: Seriously, right out of San Diego where the "Dollar" stores are actually a dollar...... Searching for a new pair of readers I...
Walked in...where are the readers.... right over there......
Searching for a new pair of readers I strolled down 13th Street where two different brands of dollars stores were seen from my descent off the freeway.
In shock the signs read six, eight and ten dollars.
I was informed by the clerk, who had also offered the previous customer tips on child rearing, .......we have quality brands, such a s Foster Grant, that's why they are more than a dollar.
Really, because all of the dollar stores in San Diego have items for a dollar unless they are a "99 cent" store then the items are 0.99 cents.
All of those very same glasses in San Diego dollar stores are actually one dollar....everything in the store is one dollar......yes, even the Foster Grants.
A nice man walking by me to the next dollar store said maybe the "Dollar Tree" has items for only one dollar.
What's going on here because I was told the Dollar Tree was not actually even near this part of town. It seemed like I was not in the high dollar neighborhood......wouldn't it be more practical to have the lower priced store in the areas that needed it the most.
To me, it seems like the owners of these stores may be taking advantage.........what do you think.
What is your take on this outrageous dollar store situation in the fine city of Wichita, Kansas?
Love to hear from you and all comments, agree or disagree are appreciated.
And, for goodness sake, why are they calling it a dollar store?
In San Diego this would be a cause for a public outcry--to list a business as a dollar store and have items in there for more than a dollar--it would be an outrage and it certainly would be on the news.
Mike Pompeo--misleading the citizens on Obama Health Care:
click on the links below for the stories.......
- 3 Wichita Dillons stores getting makeovers
- Wichita store robbed by man with boxers over face
- Thank you to all of my Twitter followers: Would you like to comment on my blog.......
- Italian Beef.....Wichita Style
- The Ronnie Republic Radio Round-Up with Rita Cosby
- Handmade in the Heartland Craft Fairs--Good News for Crafters and Jewelry Makers
- Yarn Bomb: Wichita Style--Millie the Millipede at the Ulrich Museum WSU
- Asking Mike Pompeo About the ACA.......
- Pompeo, Tiahrt will be at Crime Commission forum on July 7